Thursday, February 17, 2011

Overland Expo

Hello Folks,
We are still waiting on Mister Palm to write his first blog I see. So, I thought I would give you a little update. We have just returned from a wonderful Valentines Day/Anniversary Trip to the Florida Keys. It was my first time to the Keys and I enjoyed it immensely. It kind of reminds me of the French Quarter in New Orleans...probably because of all the debauchery. But it is also beautiful and has a vast array of different cultural groups. I heard so many different languages being spoken. I also enjoyed the fine specimens of trees that they have there. My favorites were a Banyan Tree and a Kapok Tree. We also enjoyed a trip to the Dry Tortugas National Park which is 70 miles off the coast of Key West on an island. You have to either go there by plane or ferry and we took the ferry because it was a little bit cheaper but it was a rough ride...most of the ship was getting to know their wax-lined paper bags very well. I have to admit that I did hold on to one of the bags but was able to keep my complimentary breakfast down. What an amazing place though. It was a great trip all together.

Now, however, we are home and our next step in planning our Overland Adventure is to attend the Overland Expo in Arizona this April. We will be flying to Phoenix, renting an SUV, attending the Expo while camping and possibly squeezing in a hike or something. The expo can be researched at http://www.overlandexpo.com/ The point of attending this is to take some important classes, meet some fellow travelers and learn some invaluable skills for traveling around the world by automobile. The expo is in Amado, Arizona which is near Tuscon. I am very eager to start planning and making decisions.

I think I'll sign off now but I'll be posting more blogs in the upcoming weeks before the expo to discuss hobbies and interests on the adventure.

Cheers,
Marcie
This is the Sunset from Mallory Square in Key West

The Great Kapok Tree

Our Banyan Tree Room

No comments:

Post a Comment