Friday, February 3, 2012

San Diego

 
Pacific Beach



 

Succulents I took pictures of for Mom












              Game Time












Jon and Image play cribbage by candlelight.
New Beige getting her new tires!

2/3/12
So we woke up in the truck, on the hillside above Temecula, CA.  I tightened up the roof rack which had come loose yesterday during the bouncy drive down the freeway.  We drove down out of the mountains, got gas, coffee and added a quart of oil to the truck’s engine.  Then headed over to the coast to make the drive south to San Diego. 

We stopped at a beach in South Carlsbad, CA and cooked our breakfast.  I also added some air pressure to the airbag shocks.  Then it was on to the tire store to get some new tires for the truck courtesy of my Mom and Dad.  Thanks Mom and Dad!
We got Falken Rocky Mountain All Terrain tires and they are bad ass.  They look great, have a ton of gnarly tread and are super quiet on the road.  After that we picked up some non-perishable groceries from Trader Joe’s, where we randomly ran into Lauren Masolis (sic?) in the check out line.  How weird is that, to see some one from the Tri-Town way out here in Southern Cal?  It reminds me of the time that Marcie and I saw Amanda Lali (sic?) at Whole Foods in L.A.

So then we over to the Passport Health office in San Diego to get more travel vaccinations.  My Mom convinced me to get Hepatitis A and Tetanus vaccines in addition to the Yellow Fever one that we got in L.A. a couple of days ago. 

After that we finally made it to Dual Image’s apartment that he and his lovely fiancé (yes, that's right) bought a little while back.  The place if pretty nice, tons of room, pool, hot tube and it looks like Diana did more of the decorating than Image.  So Bon Jovi and Larry Bird are given equal wall space.  Dual made a great dinner of chicken breast stuffed with some fancy cheese, spinach and proscuitto.  Then we had tequila shots and played cribbage and Tecmo Bowl until crashing out in the guest room. 

Next day after taking care of some business with the bank, the attorney and the DMV, Marcie, The Giant Squid (Dual Image), and I went out to breakfast at Kono’s. *  This place is a San Diego legend for good reason.  Huge portions, good prices and an unpretentious waterfront setting.  Then the three of us played tennis at the local courts and then went back to The Squid’s, where we spray painted the rims of our truck black, over their original silver color, and then had a hot tub session.  Diana came home from work soon after that and the four of us went out for dinner at this great restaurant over looking San Diego harbor and the lights of downtown, called Bali Hai.  The food was amazing.  It was a Polynesian, Chinese, sushi fusion cuisine, and the plate presentation was so well done that you almost did not want to mess it up by eating it.  I got a tempura, goat cheese and beet salad to start, the glazed duck entrée and we all shared various desserts.  Also, the drinks are incredibly stiff.  I can personally vouch for the mai tai.  ~Jon

All and all it was a great day. 

*Hello everyone.  When I ordered my breakfast sandwich with avocado and Kono cheesy potato hash I was really excited.  I asked for the egg over medium instead of scrambled.  We sat in the outdoor section overlooking the beach and there happened to not be ANY napkins there.  The first bight I took propelled an explosion on egg yoke onto my pink sweater, up my arm, my face, and onto the ground where a bird immediately started pecking at it.  It was crazy to say the least and I had to beg Jon to go get me some napkins.  I used like 15 of them.  We had a nice walk after that at Pacific Beach and I got some great pictures.  At dinner that night, which was excellent I had the Kobe beef carpacchio and braised beef with gnocchi ragout.  Both dishes were so good, they just melted in my mouth. 


We are heading into Mexico tomorrow.  So, an fyi for anyone who wants to talk to us.  We are putting our phones in vacation mode, so only email, g-chat, facebook for me or even skype can be used after this.  My skype name is simply Marcie Palm.  Go Patriots, I guess.  ;)  Check you all on the flip side!

1 comment:

  1. I miss you guys terribly please Jon take care of our lil' girl!! I know you will because I have to keep reminding myself you guys are the two now I am the outsider, but that is ok because you will have a wonderful life together!! Be safe!!!!Love you guys Mom

    ReplyDelete