Monday, January 9, 2012

O-H-I-O

1-9-12
Today is our last day in the Ohio Valley.  We have spent the last 10 days visiting family and friends as well as getting our truck worked on by the "King" of Warren Ridge, my Dad, Mike Horsky.  The weather went from being cold and snowy to sunny and warm-er.  Our truck seems to be ready to roll after we install our safe tonight.  At Mikey's advice we installed air shocks to help with the extra weight we'll be carrying.  We have new brake shoes, serpentine belt and had our transmission flushed.  Things are running quite smooth.  We went to Cbus to visit friends and had a nice time checking out Vlad's band and celebrating Jimmy's cousins 6th birthday at Chuck E Cheese.  I didn't have such a nice time watching the Steelers lose but hey...maybe next year.  I guess I'll cheer for Jon's team now....Tom Brady does wear Uggs.  Tomorrow we are going to head south in Ohio to Hocking Hills and the Scenic River Route.  We'll head to Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi and then New Orleans for a few days.  I'll probably check back in when we get to New Orleans because we'll have a hotel there and some wi-fi access but until then we'll be sleeping in the truck.  Tomorrow night will be our first night in the truck!    I'm going to miss my Mom, Dad and dear friends in Ohio more than I can express but I know they'll be following me along.  Til next time. 
 Mom and I
 Jimmy and Jon sharing a cup of hot chocolate at Chuck E Cheese
 Jon overlooking the YTR
 It's a Marvelous Night for a Moon Dance
 Prom pose with Meggie and Kristyn
 Over the Valley
 Through the Waterfall
 Cornfields
 Turkey
 Me and Dad hiking around
Finally checking out one of Vlad's bands

1 comment: